Server Design, Setup, Configuration & Installation
A Trusted IT Company Supporting MD, VA & DC Area Businesses
If you own or manage a business in the Maryland, Virginia, or Washington D.C. area and employ more than five employees, then you need a server network designed and configured to meet your business needs. Most small businesses think a server is the same as a desktop PC, and that’s simply not the case.
Desktop systems are optimized to run a user friendly operating system that facilitates desktop oriented tasks and runs desktop applications—like the Microsoft suite, email, and the Internet. However, a server is designed and configured to manage, store, and process data 24/7/365 and are much more reliable than desktop PCs.
At Maryland Computer Service, our certified IT professionals will work directly with you to design and configure a network server that works best for your D.C. metropolitan company. Contact us to schedule a consultation!
What Benefits Does a Server Provide?
The benefits of using a server to manage your small or medium-size business technology needs far outweigh solely using personal workstations. These include:
- Improved security – Security is the number one reason why your business should use a server. If properly configured, your server limits access to sensitive client data and information to particular employees. For example, a salesman does not need access to the same information an HR representative has and visa-versa.
- Centralized data and resources – A network server allows employees from various departments to access essential information and resources they need from their workspace.
- Virus protection – Picture this: you arrive at work to find all of your computers have been hacked and all of your client data is now unprotected. What do you do? How long would it take to secure each PC and retrieve data? A custom-designed server for your business can deploy antivirus software to protect against malware, spam, and hackers with one easy, simple solution.
- Increased reliability and streamlined workflow – When you minimize or eliminate interruptions in your IT system, employees can work more reliably and more efficiently. A server can help minimize interruptions and can be designed to match your business’s needs.
- Centralized backup location – Would your company be able to function if suddenly all of its data was lost? In today’s fast paced world, we know how critical having a centralized, secure data recovery process is. At Maryland Computer Service, we can design a network server with secure backup processes from one centralized location all with the click of a button, so you don’t have to worry about which software, files, and data belong to which workstation.
Why Hire an IT Professional?
If your company operates with more than 5 employees, we recommend hiring an IT professional to design and configure a network to match your business needs. At Maryland Computer Service, we can design, install, and configure a network that not only meets your needs but helps you plan for future growth. Planning and implementing an IT system designed for the future could save you thousands of dollars in the future.
During your initial consultation with Maryland Computer Service, we’ll discuss the current state of your network server if one is already implemented or review business goals and needs to design the best network server for your company. From data security to virus protection and server configuration to network troubleshooting, we can help!
Get Support for Your Network Server
No matter what your business needs, call Maryland Computer Service for network server services in the Maryland, Virginia, or Washington, D.C. areas. When you choose Maryland Computer Service as your IT service provider, you’ll receive:
- Over 20 years of combined professional IT experience
- IT services from a Microsoft Certified Partner and a Microsoft Small Business Specialist
- HIPAA compliant IT services
- An IT company dedicated to helping small and medium sized businesses—like ours!
- Remote IT support services
- And more!
Contact us today for support or to schedule a consultation!
We provide IT services in the following locations & more:
Maryland (MD): Annapolis, Bethesda, College Park, Columbia, Ellicott City, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Laurel, Montgomery Village, Potomac, Rockville, Silver Spring, and Takoma Park
Virginia (VA): Alexandria, Annandale, Arlington, Crystal City, Fairfax, Falls Church, Herndon, Reston, and Vienna
Washington, District of Columbia (DC): Capitol Hill, Georgetown, and K Street