Cyber Security Solutions in Maryland, Virginia & Washington, DC
There is nothing more critical than protecting your company’s data and information. Installing a firewall and actively monitoring your network’s access points and workstations can prevent critical business data and information from being lost or stolen. From financial reports and sensitive client data to department passwords and other info, our cyber security services at Maryland Computer Service can help protect your business’s most sensitive information.
Don’t put your business at risk. Contact Maryland Computer Service to learn more about our cyber security services available throughout Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC—or schedule a consultation now!
24/7 Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection
In today’s digital age, chances are you’ve experienced some sort of security breach on your computer or network, even if on your personal computer and not your company’s workstation. However, the consequences of a virus or spyware found within your business’s network are much more detrimental than a personal computer.
At Maryland Computer Service we can design and configure an advanced network security system to prevent against:
- Viruses – Viruses are a piece of coding that is installed on your network with the intentions of destroying, stealing, or corrupting your company’s IT network. Often found in email attachments, viruses can be disguised as images or other types of computer files commonly found in the business world.
- Spyware – Spyware is corrupt software installed with the intent to obtain covert information about another’s computer activities by covertly transmitting data from users’ hard drives. If spyware is found within your IT network, your company’s sensitive data could be stolen and dispersed without your knowing.
- Malware – Malware (short for “malicious software”) may be installed on your company’s network or workstations without your knowing. Malware creation is on the rise and is used to vandalize, corrupt, and/or destroy targeted machines.
Our 24/7 virus, spyware, and malware protection services help keep businesses (and their data) safe. To learn more or to schedule a consultation, contact Maryland Computer Service now.
Firewall Security Monitoring & Protection
We can protect your workstations from viruses and other malicious content, but what about protecting your entire IT network? We recommend installing firewall protection to detect malicious software from entering your company’s IT infrastructure.
Think of a firewall as a giant fishing net cast over your entire IT system. It proactively monitors and protects your company’s data and information from hackers and any other harmful software and viruses from ever entering your network. A firewall’s primary function is to monitor network access points to detect any bad network connection attempts.
We’ll design and configure a firewall management program to meet your business’s needs. This may include implementing network-level firewalls, circuit-level, application-leveland stateful multilayer.
- Network-level firewall – Used to inspect packet headers and filter traffic based on the traffic source and its requested destination.
- Circuit-level gateway – Circuit-level gateway models work to eliminate the unauthorized delivery of information to an outside, unauthorized traffic source.
- Application-level gateway – More commonly known as “proxies,” application-level gateways work similarly to circuit-level, but for designated applications. These can also block website access based on content and must be manually configured on each workstation.
- Stateful multilayer – A stateful multilayer firewall is the most advanced of any firewalls and offer than most protection to your company’s information.
To learn more about what type of firewall is best for your DC metropolitan business, contact us online.
Cyber Security & IT Services in Maryland, Virginia & Washington, DC
Maryland Computer Service is one of the DC metropolitan area’s most trusted IT service providers. We are HIPAA compliant, a Microsoft Certified Partner, and a Microsoft Small Business Specialist. Our IT professionals have over 20 years of combined industry experience. This experience gives us the knowledge to design and configure a cyber security system to protect your company’s most sensitive information.
We work with small businesses throughout Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC to overcome the budget and time constraints limiting your business operations. Whether you simply don’t have the revenue to hire a full-time IT employee or just want an IT service provider to securely monitor your networks 24/7/365, we can help.
We’re here to protect your business. Contact Maryland Computer Service for an IT consultation today!
We provide IT services in the following locations & more:
Maryland (MD): Annapolis, Bethesda, College Park, Columbia, Ellicott City, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Laurel, Montgomery Village, Potomac, Rockville, Silver Spring, and Takoma Park
Virginia (VA): Alexandria, Annandale, Arlington, Crystal City, Fairfax, Falls Church, Herndon, Reston, and Vienna
Washington, District of Columbia (DC): Capitol Hill, Georgetown, and K Street